Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Gift packaging for Father's Day!

Hi!  Today I am sharing a fun little gift box for dad!  It is great for either the dad that loves to get the traditional tie or the dad that loves to get some home made cookies!  I started with a 3d candy box from the Silhouette store.  I then picked the masculine colored elements from Pink Paislee's Pen Pals and Hello Sunshine collection.  The red and navy are from Pen Pals, while the gray is from Hello Sunshine!

I am in love with the little typewriter die from the Pen Pals stamp and die set!!  Isn't it darling?!?  I wanted it to be my featured element... And I love that the puffy heart sticker at the top really says it all, don't you think?!?    And the chipboard banner alphas are the perfect size for this smaller box.  Love!

The box was very easy to assemble!  Let me show you!
I first cut the box pieces out using my Cameo.  I then took both the box top and box bottom and folded all of the perforated edges in toward the middle.

I then applied a little bit of liquid glue to the small flap and adhered it to the long side.  I repeated with all four corners on the base and box top.  

I like the liquid adhesive so I can slide the flap around for a few seconds while I make sure the corner is lined up correctly. 

Once the box bottom and top was made, I simply slid the box top over the box bottom and that was it.  And then decorated it as you saw above!  So easy! 
Thanks for stopping in!  I hope I have inspired you to get crafty for dad!
Hugs, Tegan








5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it's super cute. I love that heart paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute box! this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome homemade gift all the way! I love that typewriter too.

    ReplyDelete