Friday, December 19, 2014

Warm & Cozy!

Is everyone staying warm out there? Our weather here seems to have taken an arctic turn!  But I guess that is OK, because I need to get some more cold weather photos!  Carta Bella's Warm & Cozy is perfect for documenting winter activities or just a fun little snowy shot like I show here!  I love Warm & Cozy's rustic and fair isle tone. And I am so  in love with this tweed looking patterned paper that I just had to use it as my background!
 
 
The collection reminded me of a fair isle sweater, so I wanted to recreate the look on my layout! I immediately pulled a handful of Carta Bella Silhouette cut files to use and I love the way it turned out! I used the deer of course, the heart part of the necklacea damask, and a banner. I love that this layout reminds me of a cozy sweater!  Don't you love this wintery plaid?
 
 
I thought it would be easiest to cut my pattern out of cream cardstock and back the openings with different patterned papers.  I decided what size I wanted my cream cardstock piece to be and designed my pattern.  
 
 
Once I thought I had made a great fair isle pattern, I took the grid off so I could see exactly how it would look once cut.  It did take me a few tries of moving sections up and down and back and forth. But at last, we have a winner!!!
 
Be sure to grab some of Carta Bella's Warm & Cozy for your cold weather photos!
Thanks for stopping in today - I appreciate it!
Tegan
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment